Detoxifying the Body and Replacing Chemical Medications with Natural Remedies
An essential partner for the Traditional Chinese Medicine practice
We have so much information for this class that we never get to cover, so we are offering it this spring as a 2-day class.
- New information on cannabinoids
- Expanded information on replacing chemical medications
- New information on the microbiome and chronic conditions
- Bring your questions about difficult cases
Detoxing Methods is a class for acupuncturists and other health care providers, but is also suitable for the general public. If you are interested in learning more about how to treat chronic conditions through various methods of detoxing and using natural remedies instead of chemical-based drugs, you will find this class immediately beneficial.
When: Saturday and Sunday, April 22 and 23, 2017 (14 hrs)10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. each day (with an hour for lunch)
Where: Hyde Park Bank Building, 1525 East 53rd Street, 4th floor
Cost: $250 for acupuncturists ($125 for one day)
$190 for acupuncture office staff, patients, the general public, and repeat participants ($95 for one day)
Register: East Point Associates: 773-955-9643 voice, 773-955-1470 fax, www.eastpointassociates.com
Detoxifying the body is an important adjunct to acupuncture and herbal treatments for clients experiencing a wide variety of health issues. Whether your clients have been exposed to toxic substances, are recovering from addictions, want to replace pharmaceutical medications with natural remedies, or just want to lose weight, detoxing is essential. Detoxing is also crucial for treating conditions such as allergies, asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, digestive problems, endocrine imbalances, gallstones, gynecological issues, kidney stones, migraines, skin problems, and most chronic diseases.
Learn the basics of cleansing and detox and how to integrate these practices into your treatment plan. Both instructors have over 25 years of clinical experience with detoxification. They will walk you through many different methods of cleansing using dietary detoxing, TCM formulas, Western herbals, naturopathic cleanses, chelation, homeopathics, and others, explaining when and how to use each, and how to support your patients through the process. Special attention will be paid to cleansing the blood & lymphs, liver & gallbladder, intestines, and kidneys; parasite and candida detoxes; and total cleansing down to the cellular level. Take-home handouts and resource lists will be available so that you can begin incorporating these methods and products into your practice immediately.
This course is open to all who wish to attend. Acupuncturists, physicians, and other health care practitioners will find the material particularly relevant to their practices, and are encouraged to bring their office staff and any clients who have an interest in or a need for cleansing. The objectives of this course are to:
- Present information on why detoxification is an important adjunct to treat almost all health conditions.
- Expose acupuncturists and other health professionals to detoxification methods and procedures that are not taught in school, but should be.
- Provide the latest information on the human microbiome, which is the population of bacteria and other microbes that live symbiotically with us and without which we cannot survive.
- Provide an overview of dietary detox methods, including the anti-inflammatory diet, mucousless diet, acid vs. alkaline, food combining, plant-based diet, and five flavors/five elements.
- Expose participants to other materia medica, including homeopathy, Western herbs, essential oils, flower essences, kombucha, natural hormone therapy & glandulars, chelators for heavy metal removal, and nutritional supplements, such as amino acids, magnesium, and green foods.
- Learn natural remedies to replace common chemical medications, such as antibiotics, antivirals, antifungals, antiparasitics, antidepressants, anti-inflammatories, anti-anxiety meds, headache & migraine meds, asthma inhalers, insomnia meds, and drugs for high cholesterol and blood pressure
- Present the basic information and latest research on the endogenous cannabinoid system, and medicinal cannabis for treating cancer and other major diseases such as MS, epilepsy, chronic pain, PTSD, and schizophrenia.
- Provide information on diagnostic methods, such as hair analysis for heavy metals and minerals, saliva testing for adrenal and ovarian hormones, and thermography vs. mammograms.
- Our acupuncture meridians are our body’s electromagnetic field (EMF). Learn about harmful EMF radiation and how to reduce your exposure.
Mary Helen Lee, L.Ac., Dipl.O.M., R.H. (A.H.G.), has been a practicing acupuncturist and herbalist for nearly 25 years. Her private practice, White Moon Healing Center, is in Chicago’s Roger’s Park neighborhood. She is a professional member of the American Herbalist Guild and practices Western herbal medicine as well as traditional Chinese medicine. She incorporates homeopathy, aromatherapy, Reiki, flower essences, nutritional counseling, and detoxification into her practice. She specializes in helping patients replace chemical medications with natural medicines. Her comprehensive natural pharmacy includes her own line of herbal extracts, White Moon Botanicals, which incorporate a unique blend of Western and Chinese herbs.
Mary J. Rogel, Ph.D., L.Ac., opened her practice, East Point Associates, Ltd., in Hyde Park after graduating from the Midwest Center for the Study of Oriental Medicine in 1986. While her practice has a strong focus on orthopedics, body mechanics, and manual manipulation, she also works with her clients to restore their microbiomes. She uses Western herbs and foods according to traditional Chinese theories, and incorporates many non-needle therapies, dietary recommendations, and cleansing practices into her treatments.
Credits for Professionals: 14 NCCAOM PDAs (pending) & 12 Illinois Acupuncture CEUs
Mary J. Rogel, Ph.D., L.Ac.,1525 East 53rd Street, Suite 705, Chicago, Illinois 60615-4530
To register contact East Point Associates: 773-955-9643 voice, 773-955-1470 fax, www.eastpointassociates.com